October 3, 2010

The Big 3-0

Yesterday was my 30th birthday....hard to believe it has already come and gone. My 20s were wonderful! I finished college at Auburn, took the big step and moved to DC, have had 7 1/2 memorable years at Aflac, met and married my best friend and gave birth to our daughter! They will be missed!

One month old and 30 years old!



My parents came to town Friday night to be here for the weekend. Ben took me to brunch at my favorite place in Shirlington, Carlyle Grand, for the best french toast EVER! When we returned home, I walked in to a house full of friends! It was such a great surprise! Ben (and Addison) had arranged to have everyone come for my favorite desserts. He had also asked friends and family to send messages. My friend, Tricia, helped him by handwriting them all and then my friend, Jessamine, posted them to be displayed. Ben knows me very well! Besides the fact that I LOVE surprises and birthdays, my favorite thing is to be surrounded by people that I love on my birthday. To have the notes from friends and family that could not be here as well was an added bonus! We enjoyed cupcakes, red velvet cake, cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies.....all were very delicious and I am still enjoying the leftovers for birthday week. :) Ben was so thoughtful and made the day so wonderful and perfect. I could not ask for a more loving, selfless husband. We have had so much going on in our lives the past few weeks and he has been extremely busy at work....it meant so much to me that he took the extra time to coordinate and arrange the day. Thanks to everyone who came or wished they could have been here! We ended the day with a nice dinner on Capitol Hill at Ted's Bulletin, a new favorite, with mom and dad.

Here's to my 30s.....

my wonderful husband before brunch



with Elizabeth Fox



with Theresa Davis and Dana Williams



John and Jessamine Robinson



with Dana and Ashlee



The Rogers and The Walters



waiting for our table at Ted's



I loved having mom and dad here!

No comments: