August 17, 2010

The Story of How We Found Out

Yes, this is a little out of order, but I wanted to be able to have the story on our Blog of how we found out we were expecting.

We had been trying for a few months. In December 2009, we traveled to NYC for a work trip that I had. Upon arrival, I felt terrible. I thought I had a bladder infection so I tried to drink water and take medicine until I could get back to DC and go to the doctor. It didn't even occur to me that I could be pregnant because it was a little too early (so I thought). I was given numerous tests Monday morning/Tuesday evening and on Wednesday morning the doctor called with the results. Only one came back positive.....the pregnancy test!!!! I could hardly believe it. I called Ben and told him over the phone even though he had already entered a work meeting. That evening I took a pregnancy test so we could see for ourselves...it was positive!

HOW WE SHARED THE NEWS...

Ben and I decided to wait until I completed the first trimester to share the news. We wanted to hear the heartbeat first. My parents flew in to DC for Valentines Day weekend and Ben's parents drove down. We told everyone that we would host lunch at our place on Saturday. I had Valentine gifts for everyone to open, and we pre-ordered onsies saying "I love my grandparents" (for Ben's parents) and "I love Gammie and Poppy" (for my parents). She will be Jim and Barbara's first grandchild so their names had not been decided yet. We also had gifts for Andy and Sam because they were there as well. Since Jason and Sarah could not be apart of the family gathering, we sent them a UPS package asking them to be BGR's aunt and uncle. Then, all the news was shared via phone and in person with all our other friends and family!

With Mom and Dad/Gammie and Poppy


With Barbara and Jim/Babby and Papa


BGR's grandparents together


The whole crew - we just wish Jason and Sarah could have been there too!

1 comment:

brook said...

That's precious! She'll be wearing those onesies soon. :)

Luke was playing with shaving cream in that picture. I love when they do that- he comes home smelling like a little man. :)