September 10, 2011

Addison's 1st Birthday Party

Today we celebrated Addison's 1st birthday with friends and family. My parents have been spending the week with us, which has been wonderful, and Ben's parents came down for the day. I really enjoyed planning her party. I made cupcake invitations, and we decided to do a cupcake/pink and green themed party. We loved celebrating with everyone....after all, I suppose the 1st birthday party is more for the adults. We served Lawler's BBQ from Athens, AL, baked beans, potato salad and fruit kabobs. For cake, we had Georgetown cupcakes with pink and green A's and 1's on top. Addison had her own "smash cake" - vanilla cake and chocolate icing. I can't believe it is already over. We had the best time, and I was very thankful to all who took time out of their Saturday to celebrate with us.
I love and cherish all of my time with this sweet girl!









I made 2 picture signs. One with newborn - 4 month pictures of her and then 5 -11 month (these are the newborn - 4 month)




The 5 - 11 month sign



Sadly, this was the best picture I could get of the sweets table because of the glare against the window. I love the way it turned out with the Sugar and Spice sign. We had M&Ms, Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, Smarties, Swedish Fish, Gummy Bears, Cookies and Cookies Bars (not yet pictured).























Things got messier after this and then we put her in the bath. It ended up in her hair and all over her legs. She was having a great time!







Her birthday party outfit



Happy Birthday Addison! Mom and Dad love you so much.

1 comment:

kristen elaine said...

you did a great job with everything, candi! wish we could have been there for the celebration. can't believe your baby is already ONE! give her a kiss from aunt kris:)