September 1, 2011

Birthday Girl

Today was Addison's FIRST Birthday. WOW!!! Ben and I have spent time today remembering what we were going through last year at this time--what a difference a year makes. This year has been full of exciting beginnings and challenging moments. We are tackling parenthood together and certainly learning a lot along the way.

A few shots of Addison's birthday week.

She started signing "eat"; "more" and "all finished" while we were in Alabama. Here is "more". Now we are working on "please" and "thank you".





Her new thing in the morning is crawling in the basket in our closet and playing in there.



Playing with her new activity table - thank you great-grandma Chandler!



Today, Ben and I had to work during the day, but she enjoyed playing with Miss Emily and Eliana. Tonight I made Baked Ziti (thanks to Shalyn Mitchell for the recipe!) and green beans for dinner. I picked up cupcakes at Red Velvet Cupcakery this afternoon and she "practiced" for her birthday party next weekend. :)

Listening to her parents sing Happy Birthday after waking up this morning



with our 1-year-old before going to work



Addison with her first birthday cupcake of the day from Miss Emily



spending her birthday with her friend, Eliana



Cupcake #2



Testing it out...



DIGGING IN!





Delicious!



Addison's birthday party is next Saturday, September 10th--stay turned for another update! I am such a blessed Mom to have a daughter like her! Happy Birthday Addison!

1 comment:

brook said...

I LOVE the photo of the 3 of you. She is the perfect mix of the two of you. And her smile... I'm dying! So cute.