March 19, 2012

18 Month Well Visit



Addison and "Big El"

Addison's 18 month well visit was this morning. She is healthy, thriving and perfect! (of course, I think she is, but the doctor also said "perfect" so I am not completely bragging!) We did not pay her extra to say those things.

Weight: 21 lbs 13 oz
Height: 31.5 inches


She was a little more hesitant at her appointment today. I fear she is developing her mother's dislike for the doctor's office when I was younger. I smile and act excited when we go to her visits so this is not my fault. :) The doctor blamed it on "stranger anxiety". She is kind. Addison received 2 shots at the end of the appointment, but thankfully those are her last 2 shots until she turns 4. Love it! I am currently taking applications for her 4 year and 11 year appointments.

The doctor was most impressed with her vocabulary. She used the word "outstanding"; I beamed. We do have a chatty child and one day I will wonder how to make it stop, but until that happens, I love hearing all her cute words and phrases. Some of my favorites...

lovie (what she sleeps with) = "wubie"
thank you = I love any child who says thank you. Her "thank you" is the sweetest thank you I have ever heard.
Did you poop? = "De poop?" (french)
baby = "bebe"
sock = "dock"

I am sure there are more that I cannot remember at this time. I also love the moments when she says a sentence....well, a sentence to her and babble to me...that she really feels was completely understandable and she just looks at me in bewilderment as to why I am not responding. She definitely makes my heart melt and I could not be more blessed to be her mother.

No comments: