March 14, 2012

Spring Fever

We have been spending extra time outside this week enjoying the amazing spring weather. Addison's Sunday School lesson this past week was on God's creation - flowers, plants and trees (spring appropriate I would say) - so we have been taking time to observe everything on our walks. She is growing right along with them! Her imagination, her ability to understand and comprehend, her vocabulary, and her cuteness continue to expand every day. A few things I want to remember about her at 18 months...

- We can tell her to put something away and she will know where it goes.
- She helps us set the table for dinner.
- She says hi to everyone when we are out and about.
- She "plays" with her babies and feeds, bathes and kisses them.
- She will drop her milk or water cup from time to time, say "oops" and then stand there until I clean it up. (My daughter, I know!)
- She has entered the "frustrating" period of trying to figure things out. We are teaching her that "help, please" is a much better reaction and will advance our assistance more than whining.
- She can count to three.
- She is getting more interested in climbing.
- She can pull up and sit on her rocking giraffe, play on it and get off all by herself while saying "rock, rock" and "whee".
- She loves walking outside.
- She is getting more consistent with "please" and "thank you". Her "thank you" is one of the cutest things I have ever heard.
- She is officially wearing 18 month clothes.
- She eats her yogurt on her own out of a bowl, with a spoon (has been doing this for a couple of months).
- She enjoys reading and loves music!
- She loves wearing bows.
- She can make animal noises for the following animals (some for a few months): dog, horse, cow, cat, pig, sheep, goat, rooster, duck and monkey.

Addison in Huntsville, AL while visiting my parents at the beginning of March



Addison with Mimi





playing the drums





I love spending time with her and cherish this one on one time that we have now. She is such a blessing!

No comments: